Hi Mike,

Welcome. Sounds like you will be enjoying a HT experience that is the envy of all your friends at a fairly young age. Congratulations on excellent choices.

I think you will be delighted for years to come with the VP100 and QS4's and that if you want to spend more money on your system at this time, it is better spent elsewhere.

Two observations come to mind. First, you ARE going to be moving this stuff around, probably a number of times, over the next few years. Consequently, I would hesitate to invest in the M60's at this time. They are wonderful speakers, but really do require a bit of room to thrive, and I would not want to move them around a lot. M22's are universally loved, have a very similar sound profile, cost only $145 more than M2's and don't weigh nearly as much as a tower speaker. I'd buy those.

Second, you'll never be sorry for having bought "the good one". I'm a little concerned that you could be under-spending on the sub in the long term. I would look into a good 10" sub (EP175, Hsu STF-2 or VTF-2 or maybe even the 12" SVS PB1-ISD).

Regarding the receiver, shop for features and price. All of the options you cited (including the Panasonic) would serve you well, I'm sure. If your budget requires you to cut corners, I would get a $400-500 receiver and upgrade the mains and sub instead of getting a $700-800 receiver. I have a Denon 1804 and like it very much because it fits my modest needs. I have no intention of going to separates or multi-channel audio anytime soon. For two-channel and HT at goodly volumes, it suffices nicely. The HK and Yamaha models you mention are excellent too, but do cost a bit more.

Point being, I'm not very concise today. No wait, the point was you'll be hearing the main speakers ALL THE TIME (whether for HT or music), but not necessarily using all the "features" of the receiver (or even the surrounds or center) constantly. And the M22/Sub combo is popular and satisfying for good reason.

Let us know how it goes!

bibere usque ad hilaritatem