Actually, Dale Rasco did extensive measuring of the sub in a large auditorium I seem to recall. SoundStage often publishes graphs with their reviews but I don't believe they do when they review just a subwoofer.

I'm honestly perplexed by all the animosity we continuously receive around the subwoofers and the constant desire to 'hammer' them, but I don't want to get into it here. Tight, elegant, fast, musical, deep bass is what the Axiom subwoofers strive for, and there are plenty of other subs out there if that is not what you are looking for. All computer reviews don't involve overclocking and running the speakers at full tilt until you blow one: some of them actually focus on what it is like to use one. . . and all BMW reviews don't involve how the car performs at 300kph on the Autobahn to the exclusion of what it is actually like to drive one with a car full of kids and a traffic jam ahead . . . I understand what you are looking for and I think there are lots of brands catering to that, and some of them do an excellent job of it.

I think the Axiom subwoofer animosity has been done to death and the negativity around it overwhelms me; I'm sorry. I understand that a lot of people enjoy the shootouts etc. It's just not where we are focusing our energy at the moment. That isn't to say that our new subwoofers aren't excellent; they are. It's just that the amount of effort required to change people's mind (many of whom have never heard or seen our products) is not where we need to be acting right now. Keeping a business alive in this industry in this country in this economy - that's where our energy is at right now. Creating exciting new products (and there are a few on the very close horizon) is where our energy is at right now. And not catering to people who simply want to see us fail is where our energy is at right now (and I by no means put gtpsuper in this category. Not at all.)

I hope you'll understand, and I will certainly understand if you don't - but I am not interested in further debate on the subwoofer shootout issue.