I just noticed that the picture was taken when I had the TV tuned to the camera at my front door. It's good that it was because the worst part of the streak is very evident.

Mark, your point about power consumption is a great one, as I'm extremely parsimonious when it comes to my footprint.

Randy, we have tried to clean it off with your exact remedy but it didn't work for me (I'll get a caregiver to give it another, slightly more vigorous, wipe today). Thanks for the suggestion.

So an LCD (I'll check out Vizio. Thanks, Cat) with a matte finish to the screen (thanks, Jay) it is then, guys. Because I can't get up to go view possible candidates, do you guys know if there are specific brands that have a matte screen?

Thanks for the help.

Aside - I don't watch TV all hours of the day. I keep it on my camera all day unless I'm watching sports, Criminal Minds, CSI, Jeopardy, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report (all of which - with the exception to soccer - are broadcast in the evening) smile. I actually believe it's a pernicious tool (with a semblance of informative programming) that portrays a false sense of reality and corrupts the mind. That's just me...

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.