Cam sorry it has taken so long to give you my impressions of the LG 55LW6500. I didn't recieve it until Friday night Dec.16th because it sat on a dock in Phoenix for over a week. Apparently CEVA Logistics only has one truck per week that comes to Yuma. OK first of all we have gone from a 32 inch Samsung LCD display to the 55 inch LED/LCD. It reminds me of when I changed from a 19 inch PC monitor to a 30 inch one. It takes a little while for your eyes to adjust to the larger display. I haven't had a great deal of time to really explore all the features but I will say that Hidef broadcasts are very detailed, the color is excellent and the blacks are black. The matte screen does work well in the bright room and has significantly reduced the glare we get if we have the drapes open in the daytime. I watched several football games over the weekend and they looked fantastic, delivering clear crisp images. We(the wife and I) watched HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT 1 and we both thought the video quality was outstanding. Of course hearing the soundtrack on our Axiom system made it even more enjoyable. The smart TV is very easy to use. The wand motion controller is very cool but it lacks a QWERTY keyboard so if you are using the web browser you have to point and click on each letter to type. You can however create favorites for sites you visit often so that helps. I watched one 3D demo just to see how it lookes, the depth, color and brightness seemed good to me. Do not base any decision on the 3D quality by me as I have very limited 3D experience. Being able to stream audio, video and pictures from our server is really cool too. I am an amatuer photographer so it will be really nice to navigate to folders on the network and do slide shows in the theater room. All in all I am very pleased with our purchase and having a large screen display adds greatly to our home theater experience.

M80v2,EP500v2,VP150v2,4xQS8v2,Algonquins V3
Denon 3808CI
Oppo BDP-83
LG 55LW6500