Price does not always mean better but in the case of Revel, it does. It is a true full range speaker, high output/low compression, low resonance, has an accurate/smooth response with extremely well controlled, smooth off-axis behavior. This speaker is an engineering marvel and one of the best engineered speakers ever created and you pay for it, just like you would a luxury car.

The flat quasi-anechoic response on axis will not necessarily correlate with a flat perceived balance in-room because the latter also depends on the loudspeaker's dispersion; ie, on how that response changes to the sides and above and below that axis. The Salon2's horizontal dispersion is shown in fig.6. The loudspeaker's behavior is almost textbook perfect, with smooth, even off-axis behavior up to 8.5kHz or so, the frequency where the tweeter's waveguide begins to restrict its off-axis output. Due to this increasing directivity in the top audio octave, the Salon2 might sound a bit airless in large or overdamped rooms; the Tweeter Level control, set to one of its two boost positions, will help compensate for this. In the vertical plane (fig.7), the Revel's flat response is maintained over a wide (±10°) window centered on the tweeter axis, which is a good thing—the tweeter is a very high 49" above the floor.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/revel-ultima-salon2-loudspeaker-measurements

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne