The premise being, you have about $1500 +/- to blow on A/V gear.

I have a choice to make.

I have been replacing my vinyl speakers to real wood speakers in my wee lil' HT room for a year or so. The room is 12' wide by 18' deep, 9' ceiling height. I currently have M80ti's for the R/L speakers and all others are late model V2's. I have a VP160 on order. When it arrives, I'll have a set of M22's to use - somewhere, or just collect dust, or give them to one of my buddies who doesn't have a lot of disposable income for A/V gear.

My choices are:

Buy a 4311 and use the M22's for "Wide" speakers. As my room is pretty small, I'm not real sure how effective wide speakers will be. They would essentially be placed slightly forward of the mains. The mains are roughly 9' apart now as my screen width is 8'. The other benefit to moving to this AVR is that I can pass 3D through it. But, that's not a deal breaker as my VP has two outputs and I can send audio to my 3808 and send video to my projector. It's just convenient to have the 3808 in the chain to see the 3808's menu on my screen.

Buy another set of M80's. M80's are complete overkill for a room this size, but I am one of those "enough is never enough" kind of guys. But, the M80's do interfere with the screen viewing due to their height.

Buy a set of M60's. I had originally planned to swap out the M80's with M60's. The main reason was the reduced height from M80's. 2.5" would help a bit.

M60, M80 or 4311
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/05/12 07:29 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.