Hello everyone. I've recently purchased a new house, and what better way to start this new chapter in my life than finally acquiring my dream speakers?
On Monday, a beautiful pair of M80s v3 was delivered through my door; excited, I carefully unpacked them proceed with the initial setup and listening.
Firstly... they're bigger than I anticipated; I have two friends who both have M60s so I thought I am prepared. No issues here, I like them big smile.
Secondly, the speakers have a "feel" of a high quality product... at least in my opinion.
Thirdly... the sound (initial sound that is, without a proper break-in and tweaking) was overwhelming! Big, loud, clean and beautiful to my ears. The imaging is like nothing I've heard before, and the soundstage presence is incredible.
The one thing I was looking for, and one of the reasons for picking up the M80s was that I like to listen to music pretty loud, but I hate distortions. Well... so far I am literally "blown away" on how effortlessly these speakers deliver music with the above qualities.
By the way, I am powering them with a pair of Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks; as a preamp, I have tried three that I have, but I need more time to decide: two old plain preamps: an Advent 3000, a Carver C2 and a new Emotiva UMC-1 PrePro.
The only other thing I am currently working on right now is the ideal placement for bass response; I will most likely open another thread in the appropriate section once the speakers have enough break-in.

It is great to be able to post in this forum after years of "lurking" around.

Last edited by AdrianD; 01/12/12 12:54 PM.

M80 v3, 2 x Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks, XPA-5, UMC-1 PrePro
Pro-Ject RPM Genie, Carver C2 Phono Preamp