That's a very nice looking truck!!!

EDIT: I had the wrong model. Corrected.
I was primarily concerned with adding secure storage and being able to actually add a kayak rack that doesn't use the stake pockets, thus making a tonneau cover not fit. The Backflip CS (contractor series) solved both problems.

I am completely satisfied as it looks clean and it stays water tight in combo with the built in drain tubes for the gunnels where water would collect. It is very secure paired with a tailgate lock and it is strong enough (supports 300lbs) to walk on when closed to make it easy to secure stuff on my kayak rack if I need to do something unusual up there.

The way it is engineered with external gunnals where the rack arms slide into means that you don't have to choose between a secure cover and a full rack.

I couldn't find a picture of it closed with the rack but the cover closes perfectly with the rack in place as they are secured externally to the sides of the gunnels.

Advice on what not to buy...
Do not buy the Toyota model of 'Pop & Lock's' aftermarket tailgate lock. It is flimsy junk. Without much effort, you can actually just accidentally turn the key hard enough by hand to bend it's mechanisms and open the supposedly locked gate. Unless it has changed significantly, IT IS USELESS! Pay the extra for the stock Toyota item if you want security.

Last advice. If any hard cover I've seen is folded up into it's last, wide open position, it will block the rear window so you will need to be comfortable backing up using the side mirrors, which you probably are anyways lest we deduct a man point or two.

Last edited by Murph; 01/16/12 01:59 PM. Reason: Had wrong model listed

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.