Thanks all.

Corner bass traps were in the original design. Rear ones are now not possible after adding the bar to the raised couch platform. This and comfortable room for bar stools pretty much takes you to wall.

They were scribbled out in the front when my wife couldn't get her head around how they might look. They are still a possibility and remain good advice. I believe they can be built to blend in pretty well.

I admit, the mid-bass unit is really only there due to overwhelming curiosity. I wish there was some way to rent/try one before I buy it but not all companies are as easy to do that with as Axiom. The M60s play pretty deep and I'm not really convinced they need a lot of help in this dept. But just like last weekend, I wasn't convinced that the ice below my house was thick enough to walk on but I still ventured out on it for some inexplicable reason that i will chalk up to curiosity.

If a 2'nd sub, the brand is undecided. I'm drawn to another EP500 to match aesthetically, I know it's awesome and because Axiom has been good to us all for sure. Being in Canada makes some alternative brands a trick to source as well. However, (how do I put this politely) I could pretty much get two similarly respected subs for the same price.

Two tickets to Peterborough? Isn't that an Eddie Money song?
Also good advice. If I can ever manage the time (always my biggest challenge), I could maybe hop on a puddlejumper during one of my, 4 times a year, Ottawa ventures.

Thanks for all the ideas. Even with simple stuff, it helps to talk out loud, err in print.

Last edited by Murph; 02/21/12 12:50 PM.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.