Thanks for the post John.

I've heard some nice Paradigm setups before, but in different lines and never in an A/B setup to ever feel justified to make a comment myself about how they compare. Paradigm makes some darn good speakers. I'm glad I have my Axioms, but at the same time that isn't a bad reflection on the Paradigm product lines.

As for Klipsh, long term, I don't care for the horn design. My father-in-law has done quite a bit of audio-modeling (if that is the right term) for medium to larger venues before, and he likes the horn design for large spaces that benefit from a P.A. type of system. Transfer that into a smaller space like a living room or home theater, and there are issues to overcome. I am absolutely not saying that Klipsh hasn't overcome many/most of them, just that after watching Toy Story 2 back when it first came out on DVD at a neighbors house, what I would call "horn-harshness" was a bit hard, and even the owner said that he likes to turn the volume down as the movie goes on.

Then again, this was in a large 2-story family room, but not treated or anything. I don't even know if the guy tried to tune anything. Because of such, this is the first and only post (that I recall) where I have ever posted my experience with Klipsh speakers. I am far from an expert, and I can only reflect things in my terms.

Let it be know though that watching Toy Story 2 at his house is what convinced me to have my home theater V2 instead of just a TV and some small speaker setup. It is also what ultimately led me to Axiom. So how can I be mad about that? I'm not.

Again, no slams at all to Paradigm or Klipsh. Different designs, difference audio outcomes, many happy customers. Axiom is the same. Different design, different audio outcomes, and many happy customers.

Farewell - June 4, 2020