Originally Posted By: Gary Vose Sr
Was the one 600 able to fully pressurize your space?

I think that most people would be quite happy with one ep600 if they had my house... when i would step outside to take a phone call durring a movie, i could still hear the bass though the storm door to some degree... I would say buy 1 with your initial order, and see if they will "hold" a second one for you, so you can get the volume discount on it as well. Then you can decide if it will in fact be worth it to you to spend the extra money.

Originally Posted By: Gary Vose Sr
Was it close to it's maximum limit for what you were wanting from it?

The short answer would be "yeah".. But that is for what I was wanting from it..

I had the gain of the single amp at the 3 oclock position( this is pretty high, the input gain to the amp is a logarithmic algorithm and the 3 oclock is near the vertical portion i think); so, it was almost maxed out.. Since adding the second the gains are not as high. However, i am still fiddling them them a bit. Prior to receiving my second 600, i was using one 600 and one 8" JBL sub, from a HT in a box that i had around the house.

On a side note, if you have about the same amount of open space as i do, and want to play movies at a decent volume. You may want to think about power amps... I use to have a Marantz mm900 amp that was rated @ 135w per channel X5... That amp did not have enough power, i wound up driving several channels into clipping when i set everything up in this house... This is just to much air space for that amp.....

Just a thought, buy what you are planning on getting now. But, if you are getting a receiver make sure it has pre-outs, incase you decided you want to buy an external amp.