You can also get a Radiance Mini that will add calibration functionality. I use the XS and Chromapure's auto cal feature (requires a Radiance or DVDO Duo, not sure about the Mini). All I do is hit the Start button, and within ten minutes I have a pretty good gamma curve, good grey scale and gamut. I then tweak each for another half hour and I'm done. I have not had to revisit gamma or gamut as the bulb ages, but I do have to tweak grey scale about every 150 hours. The Display 3 Pro meter is a joy to use. It does surprisingly well at lower IRE for such a cheap meter (pro meters run upwards of 5K). The i1Pro meter I was using was terribly slow, but slightly more accurate. I think you will be much better off with the Display 3 Pro than the LT. It's not that much more money. The Pro version is calibrated to a reference meter. Also, if you think you may migrate to Chromapure, I think you need to by the meter from them to make sure it will be licenced to use with the software. Not sure about that, but I'd check before buying anything.. Same goes for Calman. Calman is a great software, but they've become way too proud of their software over the years as they got more popular.

One feature I love, and highly recommend you make sure the 'free' stuff has is an offset function. This allows you to take readings off the screen, then take the same readings off the lens. The software then applies an 'offset' to each measurement so that you can take all further readings off the lens, making the process much, much faster - but in a sense, you are still calibrating to whatever you actually see reflected from the screen.

Hey Casey, I'm glad to hear you are using the same gear that I am. Nice to know someone here can help me verse having to deal with AVS.