Welcome. I too agree with what others have said about the additional 2 surround speakers. I had a 5.1 Axiom setup for years, but with my current build I have 2 rows of seats, and I wanted great surround placement for both rows, thus I upgraded to 7.1. I can't say that in my initial testing that the 2 additional rear surround channels make a whole lot of difference in the experience for the front row, but without them, the back row would either get blasted with surround sound so that it was loud enough for the front row, or the back row wouldn't get really any surround effect since the surround speakers would actually be in front of them, placed ideally for the front row.

I haven't sat in my 2nd row yet to see how enveloped the sound field is for that row with QS8s behind as well as to the sides and in front of those seats, but in theory it could become a great row for audio performance in my setup.

I happen to have a good 4-5 feet between the back of my 2nd row and the rear QS8s. If I didn't, or if I had a single row of seats, I would have just stuck with 5.1 and been superbly happy.

Where else can you go online to a company's site and have people actually looking to help you from possibly spending more than you need? Most placed try to upsell you, even people, like us, that are consumers and in no shape or form working for, getting kickbacks from Axiom, or anything. You will get a lot of honest ideas, help, and opinions here. Again welcome!

Farewell - June 4, 2020