Depends on what you are looking for. If 3D isn't important to you, the General consensus in that price range is that JVC RS45 has the best picture. If you want to watch a decent amount of 3D, then you would be better to look elsewhere. I would have to look at some of the info, which I can dig up later if need be, but the JVC just isn't as bright as other offerings, and has more ghosting issues than other contenders (again, just for 3D). But if you love *real* contrast and inky dark black levels, which together give the JVC the edge over others, then look there. I picked up the RS45 based off of a ton of research after I originally thought that I was going to get a Panasonic 7000. Not sure of current pricing, but I got the RS45 for $2700 which was even cheaper than other compairable products and j get a better image.

The JVC isn't without flaws of course. 3D isn't as good as other options, and there is a design issue with the JVC bulbs, however if you manage to get your bulb to fail or hit about 50% light output while under warranty (usually happens around 400 hours of use), then it gets replaced for free.

Farewell - June 4, 2020