Spiff - aside from cost - have you thought abotu remote control issues? Unless you've got an RF remote, you might find it rather annoying to have to point the remote away from the TV to operate a device. My brother in law has an overhead DLP projector, and all of his equipment is therefore, in the rear of his room (closer to his projector). While watchiggn videos, etc,. I fonud it kind of annoying to either (1) blindly point the remote behind me and rely on teh on-screen display to tell me what is happening, or (2) to physically turn around and watch the component.

Either way, it was just sort of unnatural. I, at least, have been trained all my life, it seems, to point the remote at teh TV, even if I'm changing the volume on my receiver (located next to my TV), just out of habit.

That said, his set-up looks super clean and put together, with the drop down screen, center speaker positioned just off the floor and the towers banking the screen. The wires are all hidden along the base-boards (no in wall installation) and painted to match (looks great!). It really looks and feels like a pro system, too - being all clean that way. And with his components out of the way of the screen, the viewing area feels much less cluttered.

Just a practical thought ...