Well, we've decided on the keeping the M22s after all.

The M3s do sound like they've got a lot more low end than the M22s. With all five speakers engaged while watching TV/movies (including my required sound test movie, the 5th Element) the M22s just seemed to blend in more seamlessly though. If I was really being picky, I'd say that I could notice a slight difference when sound was moving from the mains to the center channel. Having the sub on seemed to help the M22s a lot.

For our music test we listened to a lot of different stuff, Coltrane, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Radiohead, the Eagles, etc. The M3s only outshone the M22s with the sub on one particular track, 'Mouth's Cradle' by Bjork . . . it's like they were made for that tune. They pulled out some low sounding grunts and vocal noises that I'd never really noticed before.

If I was listening to them just on their own, I might have kept the M3s, but with the sub the M22s sounded a little bit more detailed/clear with music and more balanced with the other speakers as a home theater.

I guess that it goes without saying that everything sounded much better than the speakers/reciever in a box that I was using previously. All testing was done with my new Denon AVR-1912. Hopefully this will keep me happy for a long time . . . because our audio budget has been depeleted for many years to come.

PS - I really like the QS-8s too . . . we've got them mounted behind our listening position (due to room shape) and I was worried about how the surround effect would work out. They make the room feel much bigger and work well no matter where you're sitting.

Last edited by GuitarStv; 06/21/12 07:13 PM.