OK, a couple more questions for the venerable audio gurus here . . .

1. How much of a difference does it make going between the EP500 and the EP350 subs? I'm pretty happy with the 350 for movies/music, but yesterday ran a few test tones through it and realized that it's not giving out much signal below 25 Hz or so.

2. If I added an EP500 sub (or maybe I win the lottery and can afford an EP800, who konws :P) to my setup in the (far distant) future, would that work well to give me some additional low end and smooth out the room response? Or is it better to run matched subs?

Originally Posted By: JohnK
Steve, I'm sure that you'll enjoy your M22s, as I have mine for a little over 10 years now. It's always interesting when the M3 vs M22 bass is described and sometimes the M3 is credited with even "a lot more low end". This illustrates again how the boost in the upper bass around 100-150Hz that some speakers(including the M3s)have can give the impression of greater bass extension farther down in frequency. As I've pointed out several times, the larger M22 enclosure is actually tuned just slightly lower than the M3 and the real bass extension is a bit deeper.

We must be used to hearing most of our bass in the 80 - 150 Hz range or something then . . . it really didn't sound like the M22s were going lower than the M3s(although I know by the spec sheet that they do).