Richard,

The whole point of me asking this group of people my question is, i did not want to get replies from gun fanatics, ect i wanted a more educated open minded opinion on the matter.. I think it would be safe to say that the majority of the regularly contributing members on this form are pretty level headed people for the most part. This is why i asked my question to this group of people...

I view a gun as just a piece of machinery for lack of a better description. It is several parts of steel machined into a tool. Granted this tool can harm living things. But, so can a chain saw.. That is also just a tool, used to cut down living trees... Now, some would say you can not make the comparison between a human or an animal and a tree.. But, factually speaking, they are all living organisms... This is my personal point of view...

Also, to put my view in perspective. When i was in the military, i was one of many guys that operated one of the most deadly weapons ever constructed... infinitely more deadly than any type of hand gun, but we operated in a safe manner....

That is all that i feel like saying to address the previous posts...

Also,
I did put this thread in the water cooler, and not the home theater section. So, i should get credit for that.. smile

Today i went to a range and shot the Sig p226, as well as a springfield XD-9.

I liked the sig better, but had better grouping with the springfield... I do not think i would like a glock due to the way

I did not intend on offending anyone, like i said earlier in this post, i figured this would be the best place for an educated unbiased opinion. There are so many people into so many different things here, that this is probably one of the best places for any kind of knowledge in all honestly.