I've been trying to audition as many speakers in town as I can find...

I've managed to listen to:

Energy C5 and C7
Paradigm Monitor 9
B&W 603
Boston Accoustic VR2
Triangle Zerius
Axiom M22 (thx Marcus )

Nutshell, the Triangles sounded pretty damn good but they don't have much for matching surrounds or center. The Axioms, although small, sounded pretty good. Their midrange was really good. The rest honestly didn't do anything for me.

This will mainly be a HT setup but I want to be able to listen to music too. I listen to a wide range of stuff, from vocal to classical elements but primarily electronic and rock (metal). I am concerned about how well the speaker can play loud too. I want it to stay as detailed as possible, and dynamic. That alone seems to have ruled out bookshelfs for me.

I've been reading about the Onix Rocket's as well. The RS550 looks to be a competator to the Axiom M60ti. Those two speakers plus their respective centers and surrounds SEEM to be what I'm deciding between right now. I'm looking to spend ~$1500 for mains, center and surrounds(2). I think Axiom has Onix beat by 100-200$ but the Rockets look damn nice with that rosewood finish. AV123 is only one state away from me so sending the Rockets back if I didn't like them wouldn't set me back too much, but sending the Axioms all the way back to Canada probably wouldn't be as cheap. The 6ohm and 4ohm ratings plus lower effeciency does have me a bit concerned about the Rockets (but they look damn cool! ).

I was able to listen to the VP150 and QS8's with the M22's. I thought they sounded pretty good but there was a balancing issue that was brought up to me from the owner and I did notice it. Basically the VP150's output lagged behind the M22's and had to have the gain turned up, even after using a db meter to adjust it with the other drivers. That and I've read on other boards lots of conerns about the VP150's layout in reguards to dispersion.

Anyway based on what I've listened to, can anyone tell me if I'm crazy or not? I'm looking to get as much feedback as I can. Pulling the perverial trigger is so difficult.