cb: I'm extremely fortunate that I am on rural roads within 3 minutes of my driveway. I normally do various day trips to Kelsey Bay to the north (bikes on the wharf) or over to Gold River (Pacific side of VR Island - TMAX with the boat) & south to Qualicum Beach. All lovely scenery that I never tire of with nice waterfront places to stop for refreshments.

For those who are thinking of getting back into biking & don't want a crotch rocket or an over weight cruiser/tourer, the Maxi-Scooter class including the Honda Silver Wing, Suzuki Burgman & Yamaha TMAX (among others) are a wonderful way of getting back in the saddle. Riding the TMAX has totally replaced flying aircraft in my life.

Ajax: The TMAX is uncommon in North America largely due to our ridiculous macho attitude towards bikes. In Europe they are huge sellers - in fact the TMAX was the largest selling bike of its class in Italy. The Europeans trick them out with exotic parts & avidly race them - they're fast!! It's a big deal over there.

The pics below show a TMAX in racing trim followed by some internal shots. The naked pic shows its high tech frame - quite nasty looking.

TMAX in racing trim:

TMAX naked:

TMAX engine/drivetrain. The 500cc Engine is on the left, the Variator (auto tranny) on the top & enclosed Final Chain drive on the right:

TAM