Michael,

This is a pretty good question. I would say that the Iphone is definitely one of the better built phones from a materials point of view. However, there are some good android phones as well.

This is a recent video comparing the Iphone 5 and the Galaxy Siii...
(real world drop test)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M5q5TRuAsY

One other benefit to the Iphone, is the closed echo system.. So, you are MUCH MUCH less likely to download a malicious application.

However, ios 6's map application is freaking horrible!! horrible, terrible.... The GPS works ok, if you have the address, but finding a location of interest... POINTLESS.... ok, so you know how i feel on that one... I downloaded the mapquest app and try not to use the apple map application.. Hopefully they will fix it pretty damn quick.

The Galaxy Siii is probably one of the best android phones. However, as you will see in the video, the build quality is not as good as the Iphone 5... I do not know if you care about build quality or not, but from reading your posts through out the years, i would suspect that this would be a semi important variable to you.

I would also like say, i have been following the Iphone since before it was released, back when it was just a rumor... Samsung isn't playing around though, their phones have as good of, as well as more options than the iphone.

You may want to wait until the next Nokia comes out, it will be a windows backed phone.. Nokia have "been around forever", and i think they are due for a winning product, my pervious phone prior to owning an iphone was a Nokia..

Last edited by dakkon; 10/10/12 12:20 AM.