Another vote for Teamviewer BUT, i have had issues in the past with it not being able to control Zonealarm functions that are running on the other side.
For example, i control another computer with Teamviewer, install Firefox, Zonealarm (ZA) pops up asking if Firefox can contact the internet, but the controlling user cannot click on the ZA box to accept the request, etc.
ZA blocks the remote controller from accessing its functions (smart yet a pain in this instance).
In these instances i need to have someone at the other end shutdown ZA first or click on these boxes as needed.
Other than that Teamviewer works.

I've used Logmein in the past with VNC but i had issues with that as well. Not using it for a few months typically means having to update the engine at some point. I couldn't connect to computers that were not running the same version. Additionally, on occasion, even when both comps had the same Logmein engine, i would get an error (which i don't clearly recall anymore) but had something to do with a lack of connection to the Logmein server. When i looked into the problem the recommended solution was to uninstall and reinstall Logmein.
Uh, well, i'm trying to control the comp remotely USING Logmein so that really isn't an option.
On the upside, i COULD control (to some extent) the ZA windows that popup by using the Tab and Space bar keys with Logmein/VNC which was alot handier.
I would have stuck to that combo if i didn't have the connection issues.

In brief, Teamviewer has been less buggy install and connectivity but Logmein was more powerful all around.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."