Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the Pioneer SC-1527-K? I just purchased it from Futureshop.ca last night for $1000 (regularly $1600). The main reason I did so was because of the savings (slightly cheaper than a 3313), but I also liked it's features. It look's like it's a very solid receiver.

This post online was one positive one I read - "I wouldn't care about 9.2, unless you have a huge room to fill with sound. Looks like both amps use Class D3 amps. Pretty much the same power output. 1527 has 192/32 DACs compared to 192/24, but 192/24 is still excellent. 1527 uses dual Aureus DSP chips for sound processing. Both use Marvell Qdeo for 1080p/24 video processing - great chipset. Both have pre-amp outs, which would be really important to me personally, as I run separate amps and just use receiver as a processor. They even weigh almost the same.

So if you have a really big room to fill, go with 1527. It also seems to have slightly better DSP chips. If you are sticking with 7.2, then I don't think you'll lose much with 1227.

[edit]1527 has dual HDMI outputs. It's beneficial if you're running projector and a TV, and don't want to switch cables."

Input is greatly appreciated. I can always return it if there's vast indifference about it.

Thanks

Edit - Something that's disconcerting is that I can only find a couple brief forum discussions about it; nothing from AVS pops up (edit - okay, I found a few, but nothing remotely significant). Any idea why?

Last edited by Powertothepeople; 12/27/12 01:20 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.