Right, old school of thought is to slap them in corners and get reinforced sound waves (perceived as louder), but I am hoping to smooth out the bass more than anything. Not that I have any (known) major problems. The room is about 14 feet wide, so using the 1/4 "rule" means 3.5 feet from the wall to the center of the woofer. I will have to do some measuring tonight when I get home to see how that fits with the bass traps and so forth behind the false wall.

I am pretty sure that my current single sub (SVS 20-39PCi) is at least 5 feet from the one side wall, maybe not.

I have one of my construction photos showing the sub between the left front speaker and the center (my memory had it out side of the left front speaker, but...):

It would seem that the subs should sit about where the M60s are currently at, bumping them inwards a little. Keep in mind that this picture is from BEFORE I built the stands to raise the M60s up a little and to get the VP180 up a lot off of the ground (in line with "ear height").

Farewell - June 4, 2020