I have also thought about the just a connect and getting a amp to feed them more power but I like the idea of not having too. I have a connect amp in my garage right now hooked to some b&w speakers...I forget the series but they are older 601s I think...but i also have it hooked to a 1k amp running 2 SVS cylinder subs so...yeah that room has some good bass lol. I had thought what about all the sonos connects in a closet, with long speaker wire runs to the speakers, and a axiom 8ch amp to feed them 125w. But then i think thats kinda costly...and for what gain going from 55 to 125? Also defeats the purpose of the wireless aspect of the sonos system having them all in one spot. So im trying to figure what to do now because once the house is built I wont be able to do much changing...holes in the ceilings...and its a 2 story so wire running would not be possible. I just wanted to get some feedback from some in-wall users...I dont know how the in-wall sound vs the algonquins until mine get in...and will they sound different not installed in a ceiling?

I guess worse case too I can do like you said and if theres a room I need more oomph in I can a larger 2ch amp. But can I use that with the connect amp )bypass its amp) or do I now need to get another sonos box as well.

Last edited by NOLAGT; 07/31/13 04:50 PM.