Wow. What a cool theater and a good movie. I went to the Cinemark Egyptian 24 and XD south of Baltimore. I felt like I was going to a movie in the middle of Universal Studios right next to the Mummy roller coaster. AWESOME theming.

Anyway, I saw Gravity in 3D on their huge XD screen. The sound was super impressive, as mentioned before. Deafeningly silent at times, and fit the way things should be. Visuals were top notch, although I did notice a good amount of film grain later in the movie (don't want to say when as it could spoil it for others). Not bad grain, but I noticed it because the rest was so "grain free."

I will admit that I am one of those people that can nit-pick about things with a movie..

SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READY ANY MORE UNLESS YOU WANT THIS MOVIE SOMEWHAT SPOILED FOR YOU - REALLY, DON'T READ ANY MORE UNTIL AFTER YOU SAW THE MOVIE - YOU WILL REGRET IT
SPOILER ALERT - I WARNED YOU - TURN AWAY NOW
OK, so you are out in space, working on fixing the Hubble. You tell me that you are low on oxygen while working? But nobody else is? Really? That is nit-pick #1. #2 - All sorts of bad crap is happening, and you are pretty much out of oxygen, what does the commander do? Keeps asking you questions so that you a) talk and use more oxygen that you don't have, and b) pause for extended periods of time to contemplate your answer and respond. Get you damn butt inside moron before you pass out of oxygen deprivation! #3 - I call foul on leaving the commander to float away. We saw time and time again where when he was tethered to the doctor, there was a distinct "I pull on you until the slack is gone, and then you're lack of motion pulls me back" EXCEPT when he is pulling away from the entire ISS. He is somehow still pulling on the whole thing even though all slack has been taken up. At that point, the ISS is already moving in a different trajectory because the doctor and then the commander both "pulled" on it. There is no force still pulling him away. There was NO reason for him to detach unless he was being pulled into the Death Star's tractor beam, or somehow was Superman and can start and stop moving while in space, in which case he could have stopped everything, or worse case just flew himself back to earth.

Those are the 3 biggies for me, but again, I enjoyed the movie very much.

Farewell - June 4, 2020