Tom, the airplay setup is like this:

I have 2 older AirPort Express (the small ones), one in my Living Room and the other one in the Salon.

I also have an Apple TV to watch Netflix in the bathroom; now with the M2s, I will likely also use it for music and extend my baths quite a bit! smile

I also use my main computer as "AirPlay" server using AirFoil Speakers. From there, I can either use the built-in audio drivers which output to the Audiobytes or to an M-Audio USB driver which is wired to the Home Theater.

COMING THIS WEEK: I need to get two small receivers with dual speakers sets and I am planning to get either Denon or Pioneer ones as they have built-in AirPlay.

The part above is traditional AirPlay/AirTunes. Now, the bridge beetween SqueezeBox and AirPlay is currently achieved using AirFoil. It is an AirPlay client than can capture an application's audio (or the entire system if you need to) and send it to AirPlay servers (speakers). I am using SoftSqueeze player to playback my SB database. That way, I can use my Squeebox Duet remote when I am listening to some music in the Salon in front of a fire and with a great Belgium beer in my hands!

I am currently (and very slowly) writing my own AirPlay client (audio only) that will also act as Squeeze player. That way, each AirPlay device in the house will appear as a player or, depending on programmable mode, a single player with optional output (easier to manage single playlist).

I hope this answered your question, Tom!

See Mojo's signature