Originally Posted By: dakkon
Right now i have the airport express configured as a wireless bridge.. under the "join network" option. I've also set a static IP.. The Marantz has a cat 5 cable connecting it to the airport express..

However, even after assigning the airport express a static ip i STILL can not get the Marantz an internet connection. I Also tried setting a static ip on the Marantz on the same subnet as the airport express.

I think i'll look at the Marantz thread over at AVS, see if there are any other people with a similar issue as myself.

It would seem pretty much to be a compatibility issue here which is rather strange especially with the Marantz unit that you have which is "top of the line". It should be pretty much plug and play out of your Pre-Pro with any configuration to be done at the router end, unless, because of the FOUR connections on the 8801, is there, however unlikely, anything that has to or can be configured at the Pre-pros end?

Unfortunately, the manuals don't give you much if any information as to how to deal with issues like this.