Originally Posted By: dakkon
I've got no idea....

The Marantz actually has a considerable amount of controls for networking. I can set a static IP within the Marantz (which i've tried), there is also DHCP as a networking option (which i've also tried... ) I should note that there is also a Diagnostic option; which confirms that the physical connection is good. ect.. It also reports if the unit has an internet connection... This test has always faile

I should note, there is also a Maintenance option, which is suppose to be reserved for customer service, or a pro installer.

This situation is somewhat perplexing, like you Casey i thought it would be straightforward and super easy.. All of the other settings on this unit has been completely painless to configure.

Hmm, very strange, with DHCP engaged, the connection between the Pre-Pro and the router, in my case and as I mentioned earlier my wireless bridge was automatic with no other configuration required. The moment I plugged in the cable within seconds it just automatically read the IP address and connected. I am assuming that once you were starting to have issues you did one or more reboots of the system to see if that made any difference and since you bought the 8801 has Marantz had any firmware updates? Also, night want to check with tech at Apple about the router as well.

Otherwise, at this stage, I guess a call to Marantz tech is your only option.