Originally Posted By: chesseroo
The only courier i've had issues with is UPS.
They are the only one that leaves parcels at the door if i'm not home. Purolator, CanPost and Fedex all leave notes telling me where to pick up the next day.
UPS apparently doesn't care less if it's raining (when they left my new monitor outside in the summer), and in this winter, i wouldn't find a parcel under all this snow until spring.
I refuse to use UPS for anything.

Yep, I would agree, however, if you think UPS is bad now, I personally, just cringe with any stuff that I have ordered out of the US in which the shipper at origin uses them. UPS adds importation fees that they shouldn't be adding and they won't give you the goods until you pay. Earlier last year I ordered a $2000 video processor from Lumagen in Oregon and their regular carrier is UPS, however, I insisted that if I was going to purchase the unit it must be shipped via PO. They agreed and even though the actual shipping cost was more, in the end, with the elimination of the mysterious fees that UPS charges, my overall shipping costs were considerably less along with less hassle and I received the package in the morning. UPS delivers up until 8:00pm and there are times I have waited around all day not receiving the parcel until 7:00pm or even later. In the case of Axiom, I gather they are using them because a sales person from UPS came in giving them a better per parcel deal otherwise I don't see why anyone would want to use them as a carrier.

If I decide to import anything(which is rare now)and the company uses UPS and they insist on using them, I don't buy. It's not worth the aggravation.

Last edited by casey01; 02/18/14 02:43 PM.