Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I'M BACK.

Well, the f*$king Kitchenaid has just about had it. Good riddance, you miserable POS.

I thought it was a nice unit, but it's been uncool for a while. I've had to fix the load spring thing (the doodad that makes it not seem like the door weighs 50 pounds) twice. Once, I did it, and then had it done. Had to remove the gasket around the soap dispenser so that it would close properly. Had to dissemble, clean and reassemble all the water squirty parts a couple of times (we actually have very SOFT water, so this makes no sense to me), bought one new silverware basket because the old one melted, and patched the new basket because it melted, too. I KNOW there are a couple other things in there, too, but I can't remember off the top of my head what they were.

Now, it doesn't reliably drain and the heater element seems to not work.

So, that SOB is going buh-bye.

Any new wisdom in the last four years?

What say you?

had a similar story with the whirlpool gold dishwasher on top of that it had became a fire hazard... best deals was at boxing day... we bought a LG dishwasher couldn't be happier! expect only 7 - 10 year life out of any one you buy no matter the brand or price... lg seems to agree with the wife factor.