Originally Posted By: michael_d
Lumagen has a device they call the Radiance Mini. I'd suggest anyone invest in this box a good meter and Chromapure. You can get a bundled package from Chromapure that includes your choice of a Radiance, a meter and the software. I'd give this a try before dumping a ton of money into a new display, new AVR, new cables, etc....

The auto-calibrate function ChromaPure has works amazingly well, even with 3D. I just set the meter up, hit the button and take a nap. 30 minutes later, it's done.

So if i get this right, the hardware box is connected to and sits between a DVDp and the display unit (let's say a LED TV), then runs patterns from the DVDP to the TV for calibration. Images are picked up by the meter, the software analyzes and changes colour, gamma, etc. updating its own hardware box, which then translates to a calibrated signal/visual regardless of what visual settings the TV has?
Or is this solely for projectors only? (though i can see how it might work with a TV as well no?)

The info on their website is rather poorly presented and not particularly clear on their products, requirements, setups...
http://www.chromapure.com/products-autocal-advanced.asp

Last edited by chesseroo; 09/12/14 11:28 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."