There must be something in 'The Air' or 'The Force' or whatever.

A couple of weeks before Christmas my relatively new roof (~4 years) developed its 4th leak - I should have kept the old roof, grrrr! I noticed a small puddle on top of my left EP-400 (horrors) & immediately blamed the cats, ha! Then I saw drips over the window frame. Thankfully no damage to anything (Axiom vinyl seems waterproof) & I got a different roofer to correct mistake #4 - $100 bill.

Then my KitchenAid Dishwasher started acting up. It has a clean front with no positive locking handle (poor design IMO, but looks cool) - it is held closed largely by friction. What happens after a while is the door vibrates out just enough to disengage the micro switch thus causing the cycle to stop - repeatedly. I had resorted to pushing a kitchen chair against the door to hold it shut but that was a PITA. So, I bent the 'Striker' down to hold some more tension on the latch plus I loosened off the lower door hinges to reduce tension on the door. Thankfully, that seemed to work as the last 2 washes have completed normally. Hopefully we don't have to buy a new one for a while until we get this Furnace/AC thing sorted out.

Went to Canadian Tire to buy a couple of space heaters that are on sale for 20% off. I opened one box all OK. Opened box #2 - obviously it had been previously opened & was broken - a stripped assembly screw that would not come out. Take it back - another 10 mile round trip & another hour of my 'retirement' time wasted - arrrgh!! Why do retailers do that??

I believe that new furnace will be HE rated at 97%...

TAM