Originally Posted By: Socketman
Dealership rule #1, admit nothing. I have been in the trade for 35yrs and one thing is for sure, you can not trust the dealer,

It isn't about trust though i agree and don't trust any dealer farther than i could throw them, but it is about getting a fix done for free from those who sold you a unit that should be in working order. I would be banging on the dealer's door six times over if the problem kept re-occurring, along with raising hell directly with the parent company, over and over until there was a satisfactory response and fix.

Of course, if there is a design flaw in a particular model year, that is kind of hard to get around unless the parent company admits it is an issue and comes up with a fix. They won't do that until they get tons of complaints about the same issue and if it is safety related, they prefer to keep things quiet. However with the recent fines levied on manufacturers for not admitting to known safety issues, they might be starting to smarten up a bit.

Then there's also the 'law of chance' which is to say, you may just have bought a lemon vehicle. I've known people who have had Ford Rangers for years and loved them, yet my friend's father bought one years ago and it had so many major problems that he hated the thing, vowed never to buy Ford again. He was always buying GM trucks so this was his more limited experience with Fords.
The problem list included a CRACKED ENGINE BLOCK (what the hell are the odds of that happening??!!), broken seat adjust levers & mechanisms (had to prop up the seat from behind with a milk crate), sticky accelerator mechanism (replaced multiple times with recurring issue), failed heater, failed dashclock/radio and a few other things that just don't come to mind at the moment.
Ultimately the truck had its final death when the dashboard caught on fire (internally) one day as his dad was driving up the road from their house and the truck melted to the point it was a write off.
Why all these unrelated issues with this one truck?
Just chance.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."