Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Yes. Too much power is not a problem, under-powering a speaker typically is (assuming you turn the volume up high and make the under-powered amp go into clipping).

You'll be fine!

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: SirQuack
please read my signature

Cool.
Looks like your amp has balanced channels.
What is the difference between an amp with balanced and non-balanced channels? E.g. Outlaw 7200 vs. 7700.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: JohnK
Zak, the first point is that speakers don't necessarily have to "handle" the maximum output of an amplifier, regardless of how high the number is. You're in control of how much power is actually used by your control of the volume level. At a typical comfortably loud average level about 1 watt is being used, and of course much more is used on brief high level peaks.

You don't explain why you're considering a change from the RX-V3800. This is a quite high-powered 140 watt max per channel amplifier. A 200 watt max amplifier simply allows playing a peak about 2 dB louder(e.g., 107dB rather than 105dB). Unless your use is at an unusually long distance and/or extremely high(and dangerous to hearing)volume levels, the RX-V3800 would appear to have ample output capability.

No real reason.
I love my Yamaha receiver, and I have had no issues with it what so ever, but I have always wanted to try separates.
Would I hear any discernable differences at my movie listening levels (-16.0 db) between my AVR and the Outlaw separates?

Thanks!

Panasonic TC-P65V10 65" Plasma
Sony KDL-55XBR8 55" LED LCD
Yamaha RX-V3800
Axiom Epic 60 - 500 (7.1)