Originally Posted By: nickbuol

Both are great products. My parents have granite, my in-laws have granite, heck, we would probably go granite if given the choice, but we would have to be a little more diligent with letting the cleaner soak in long enough to disinfect better, but that should be teachable.

All good points and things i've considered but they continue to roll around in my head and will continue to do so until the very day we finally make a decision (probably in a few weeks).

Honestly, bacteria harbouring is not a concern unless you have a more heavily porous stone (like limestone) and prep some bloody chicken before making yourself a sandwich without thoroughly cleaning the surface. The body can actually take on small quantities of bacteria without harm. A certain dose is required for a person to get sick. If you haven't been sick by using say a wood cutting board in the past, you won't get sick from prepping food on a granite surface cleaned normally with a bit of soapy water.
The odds are very low.
However, the odds of having a coloured liquid (e.g. wine) or a viscous liquid (e.g. cooking oil) seep into the pores and dry in place leaving that 'under the surface' residue providing discolouration is my only real concern. I can so see us buying the granite and within a month after having done all this research and maybe even sealing the counter, that we would still end up with a damn stain.

Considering all your relatives who have granite, have they ever had any staining issues?
Do they 'seal' their granite? Frequency if at all?

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."