Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
I cringe to think where this is going to go:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1903601-how-i-learned-stop-worrying-love-comb.html

Lots of reference to Axiom in there...

TAM

I am sure, before too long, the same cast of characters will emerge from the woodwork. It is interesting to note, whether it is this kind of stuff or something else, I learned a lesson long ago from a neighbor of mine who essentially stated, "if you can't hear it or see it, it really doesn't exist". The reason I put some stock in that comment is that this fellow was a broadcast technician for a television station, a computer expert, an A/V enthusiast who had an extensive set-up and a fellow who had actually built his own video processors that he had integrated in to his rack. He also had an extensive line-up of various testing equipment in his home which in addition to testing the performance of equipment, it also could test various audio and video cables as well. Periodically, we would test various pieces of equipment and cables and, at times, on that test equipment, variances in "alleged" performance would register, yet, when doing critical "real world" viewing or listening, rarely, if at all, could either of us detect any differences.

I guess the bottom line is, while reviewers and naysayers of various brands use this kind of information in graphs and test equipment to justify their positions, for someone to make a decision on how good a product is using these methods is, at best, "questionable".