Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
I cringe to think where this is going to go:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1903601-how-i-learned-stop-worrying-love-comb.html

Lots of reference to Axiom in there...

TAM

TAM -- At the moment, nowhere, it would seem! That's fine too. I don't really enjoy kicking hornet's nests, but am not a big fan of bullies either.

Enjoyed our PM's. I usually tend to read the forums substantially more than post. And since I haven't been actively considering substantial electronics/speakers purchases over the past several years (before about one year ago), I wasn't even really doing much of that.

The bottom line is that my family (following recommendations on my part for my Dad's theater) has been thrilled by the performance of a modest Axiom setup (including the sometimes maligned VP150 center channel!) for over a decade, and I thus always imagined starting there when it was time for my own dedicated theater build (i.e. now). But, some of the criticism elsewhere that has built up in the last few years struck me as out of proportion, personal, mean, incomplete or misleading, poorly justified, and in many cases either no longer applicable to upgrades in the current line, or completely incorrect. This offended me at some deep level, and I wanted to really gather my thoughts, do some calculations, assemble additional facts, and present my conclusions in a (hopefully) coherent way.

I sincerely hope that it turns out to be helpful and constructive rather than counter-productive. We'll see.

Cheers -
DSQ