Hats off to the Doc. A very well presented intro to a discussion of a topic as cryptic to understand as it is to realise in an actual room. With pink noise it can be observed readily, but it is very hard with program material.

I think posts like this are of high value, not only for Axiom, but for those who wish to understand the behavior of audio and relate theory to improvements into their rooms. I look forward to DrStrangequark's conclusions after setup. cool

Honestly, the one person who could spot it reliably it seemed was Mojo. He had issues in his setup and could find the same issue in mine. He had developed an ear for it I guess. I had never noticed it before..... There are so many factors apart from the speaker design itself that I would argue contribute more to the overall sound experience.

There is a lot of nonsense sabre rattling over at AVS. I picture a group of the same 5 guys together with sore hands from repeated top gun high fives. However, AVS isn't universally terrible. Some people just spend waaay too much time there instead of with real human interaction. Their online life simply becomes their life. Kinda sad.