I have not had much experience of any of Axioms smaller style speakers.

I have had quite a few 2way speakers, from Celestain DL4 and some very nice SL6. Energy C3 and some tiny Take5. They have a certain sound to them and perhaps I am spoiled to want more.

Having experienced the M80 and my LFR1100, I come to expect a sound level that leaves every audible sense fulfilled. I bought a set of M3 wall mounts with the hope that I would get the massive wow factor when my Media room is finished.

I had asked they they not ship them for a month or so when the computer speakers are ready to ship, but I guess someone didn't read the email. So when they arrived on my doorstep a few weeks ago, I said OK. better give them a test and see.

I am wondering if it's the thin wall mount design, but it feels like they are lacking that special magic that the M80 and had. I know asking a speaker like this to sound like the large LFR is asking too much. It is not a bass thing, or I don't think that it is, but it feels like they are missing some of the passion and depth that I want.

Perhaps it's my expectations are too high and the large Axioms deliver in that enveloping sound that size brings to the table, but the M3 Walls don't sound all that much better than the Energy C3 that I currently have.

I am wondering if anyone out there in Axiom land has any experiance with the Wall mount vs a more traditional style bookshelf or mini tower speaker like the M22? The M3's just aren't what I was looking for so they are going back, but before I write the experience off to trying, I'd like to know if the sound of the M22's is going to deliver that bigger sound stage that I want?

Is it worth the trip up to Axiom Dwight to see them. Convert the cost of shipping into a cost of a road trip to see them.

Just wondering.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5