My intention to buying these speakers were not to really use them as mains, but more that they are going to be my back surrounds. For that job they will probably suffice.

But then there is the other side to this, in I already have quite a few small speakers that sound just as good if not better than these ones are. As the media room is not yet finished, and these speakers cost me actual money, my hopes were that I would be getting a far better and fuller speaker than what I got.

I don't know if it is the deep bass lack that is what sounds wrong. I have tried playing them with some classical music that sections are clearly in the mid to high frequency range, and then your unscientific A/B/C test, tried the same piece with the LFR's and they simply blow away the sound that I was getting. Then hook up a set of Energy C3 that are more of a classical speaker shape, and they too sound fuller and more depth 3Dimentional. It's not something that I can put my finger on.

Now I will admit that I am not accurately sound leveling each of the speakers with pink noise, so maybe I am not doing the tests right. But deep down I think that if I am going to spend the money that I would be far more happy with a classic speaker design and looking towards the M22.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5