Originally Posted By: bridgman
One other thing that's worth mentioning is that Energy C-3's are pretty nice speakers, and IIRC used to be almost 2x the price of M3's back when they were selling against each other...

EDIT -- just saw your comment about the C-3's being $400 less than the M3's, so maybe $125 ?? IIRC C-3's were $500 US a pair back in 2002/2003 when the M3's were selling for a bit over $300, so sounds like you got one heck of a good deal.

The M3's that I have are the on wall style, and yes I did hang them on the wall to get the sound.

My comment about the cost of the C3's.. It's a bit of a poke as I was saying that I already own them, and have had them for the past 10-12 year. So they have already been paid for and enjoyed for many years, so the on book cost for those speakers is now $0

The speakers that if I do replace these will cost real money out of my bank account, so logically, if you are spending money you would want them to be better than what you currently have. The plus side to the M3 was that they are slim and mount directly onto the wall and they do look really nice. The down side is that they don't sound any better and in some cases sound worse than the C3 that I currently own.

That is not saying that the M3 wall mount are bad.. it more goes to show how good the C3 that I have stood up to the test of time. But that does not change the fact that it makes no economic sense to spend money on new speakers if you don't really gain anything.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5