There are a lot of fascinating things going on in the forum world, and unfortunately, most of these things are not good.

I always thought the forums (in terms of audio) were supposed to be a place where guys (and the occasional brave lady) could hang out, have fun and share USEFUL information.

The forums have morphed into the fans of certain companies shouting down everyone else. Guerrilla marketing runs rampant.

I started posting here again because it is one of the few places which is a community. If someone comes here liking some other company's products, he is welcomed. This is a good thing.

After I had posted here again for a few days, I received a PM. In this PM, I was told to look at a competitor's products. A link was provided.

That is WAY past "not cool". But it is an indicator of the state of this hobby today.

We are losing the "millennials" from this hobby. The reason we are losing them is they go on a forum, and immediately get told to "buy XYZ" product.

Typically, it's a $1000 - $3000 subwoofer from a "favorite" ID company and a bunch of speakers this young person can't afford, either.

My 23 year old son just bought his first house, and asked me to help him out with a home theater purchase.

His number one feature was Bluetooth so he could rock the house with his Droid phone.

Lots to be said on all of this, but for now, we need to make the forums both useful and fun again. Like this place. smile

Last edited by craigsub; 04/25/15 12:53 PM.