Ok guys, I need your help as it's time for a new router. I did a forum search, and the latest discussion here was 5 years ago in 2010.

Background: Family of 5 / Each of us has 2 to 3 devices / Internet over cable with modem supplied by cable company / Average 25 to 30 Mb/s download, and 5 to 10 Mb/s upload speeds / Bandwidth usage averages ~400 Gig per month

Usage: General research and surfing / on-line streaming of movies, videos, and music / on-line gaming through x-Box / streaming of music from local devices and NAS, through router, to two Airport Express's and one Apple TV.

Thoughts on Brand & model would be appreciated. I haven't checked to see if our devices are running n or ac. (Or even lower) Do I need to spend upwards of $300? Am I overbuying if I go that route?

The goal is to eliminate lag, and prevent getting bumped off when the kids start streaming in the evenings.

Thanks,
Shawn

Oh, apart from the various iPhones, iPads, and Apple based things in the house, all our computers are Windows based, except for one MacBook Pro.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.