Hu.....Not much info here..... And yes, the Axiom forums are where I go for electronic buying advise. LOL...

So I've had occasion to be very frustrated with wireless drop outs, no signal, random network problems that would magically go away if I carried the laptop closer to my router. I've just dealt with it. Yesterday I got fed up enough to start researching extenders/booster -- whatever they are calling the things. My research led me to one made by Netgear. It's the Nighthawk 1900, which by all reviews, seems to be the hot ticket. Well now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just buy a new router. Looks like they've made some improvements over the last couple years? I think I bought mine is 2012....

My house is a split level home. Five different levels in all. 56' X 42' footprint. Some areas of the house the WIFI is great, others, it sucks. No real rhyme or reason that I can discern either. Sometimes the signal from my neighbors is better than my own. I do have a hard wired LAN too, but hardly use it anymore with everything going wireless. I also have one of those power-line adapters for my music server that talks to my office PC where the music files are.

My router is a Cisco E3000. I have high speed cable for interweb.

What do you IT guys think? Should I get a new router (and uh, ya, which one), or get one of those extender thingies like the Netgear, or maybe both??