Originally Posted By EastCoast

I get what you are saying, but the M50's don't even have a midrange, so I somewhat doubt they would sound appreciably better than what I have. I think the minimum I would consider going is the M60, but even then I think it would be more of a sideways move, while I believe the 80s or 100s would be a step up.

There lies the crux of the problem. You as the listener need to really define what it is that you are looking for. I will agree that a full sized capable tower speaker is more pleasing to my ear than a bookshelf + sub for playing the music that I like to listen to. I am slowly making up a media room for myself with a set of LFR1100's as the center piece of the speakers. I will have a VP180 and some QS8's for surrounds and a probably pathetic Energy sub thrown in there too, but the fore front reason for the room is a comfortable place to listen to music, and throw in the ability to catch a movie too. If I was more driven for the other way around and movies were my thing, then I am sure the speaker collection would have been different too.

Last edited by oakvillematt; 06/09/15 10:35 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5