Originally Posted By EastCoast
Hi, all - I've been stalking this site for a while now, and I'm thinking about switching out my Boston Acoustics setup for Axiom.

I'm thinking about the M80's - thought about the M100's, but I don't think I have the space to let them breathe (ie. placement from the walls) due to the room not being dedicated. Also, I have a sub, so the extra bass ability of the 100's is kind of useless to me.

So, on the assumption of the M80's, wondering about the VP150 with them - adequate or not? My center channel HAS to fit in a defined space in a cabinet, and the VP160 and VP180 are both too big. But if I go M80's and VP150, am I going to be extremely disappointed with the VP150?

And, how power-hungry/loving are the M80's? I currently run my LCR off an Emotiva XPA-3 (330WPC @ 4ohm), although I have been considering going in for 3 x XPA-1L monoblocks (500WPC @ 4ohm).

Room is just under 3,000 cubic ft (21.5 x 18.5 x 7.5)

So what advice do you have for me?

I really, really need to proof read abit, before clicking Submit.
Eastcoast. I have a ANTHEM MCA50 ... it's a 5 channel AMP of which currently, I use the Left/Right and centre channels only. Actually, for now I only have those three speakers.
It is 365w per speaker. I played around the last few days and if I did this right I have it set for reference level 80db at -15bd on my volume control with pink noise.
Now, when in two channel with my M80v3 at 97db ( on my SPL Meter ....I used my iPhone for this ) playing MJ The Way You Make Me Feel and Jam...... I find that's the limit before it breaks up. I get that Ptfff sound and the drivers are really at the end. At 95db it is ok, the bass goes Thumpppp
Granted it is the This is It DVD ....maybe it's the recording as this was taken during rehearsal. But, then again so wasn't Eagles Heartache Tonight .... Yet, though another concert recording. However, it is it is still a point.
I don't and won't have the room for the M100's. Andrew said, I wouldn't like his recommendation, but said I am probably looking for the M100 to get exactly what I want. I have no doubt and would love to. But, I am thinking specially after looking at the drive differences I most likely would get what I want with the M80HP. I have asked in a post for those M100 users how far are there M100's placed from the back wall, but still waiting for a reply. I have read from 2ft to 3ft. What.... 3ft ????? that puts the speaker almost 5ft out into the room.
Really music that I listen to, Rock, some Jazz, maybe ( I hate to say it) new country , like Luke Bryant, that girl Taylor Swift and that guy in the song Highway to Hell, Shania. So, there really isn't that much low end bass that is sub woofer needed. Lowest note on a bass guitar is what 31hz Low B, A Note on a piano 27hz. A Kik drum typically 30 - 35hz. Yes I imagine using African Mahogany and a specific size and studio enhancements you can get lower. But, I think the M80HP will be sufficient for the volume level I like music and if I am reading the grafts right.
Also, I must add I have no room treatments other than the couch and drapes, but once the room is done it will be properly treated.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4