Originally Posted By oakvillematt
Originally Posted By nickbuol
But like Matt says, you could try it, and if nothing else sell the projector with a working bulb. Of course if I was the buyer of the projector, I would hope for a certain level of performance, and if the bulb was not able to produce a decent image, I would feel a bit shafted by the purchase.

But if you were buying a $2000 projector for $350, would you really expect to get pristine results from the unit?

Then you would be another $250 up towards you next projector. and the person buying it might also be quite happy with the results they are getting from what they paid.

But is isn't a $2000 projector. It is a $350 projector on eBay WITH a working bulb. That is like saying that my JVC RS45 is a $2000 projector... Well I guess that it is since that is the lowest price that people are trying to sell them for today, but still probably not what it is worth, unless you account for me having an extra $400+ OEM bulb to go with it. One did sell a couple of weeks ago for $1900. Maybe I should sell mine and upgrade. I only paid $2600 a couple of years ago for it. LOL

My point is that my "$2000" projector isn't the same as the PT-AE900u and saying that it is a "$2000" projector. Several years newer technology, rated best 2D image for a sub-$10,000 projector both the year that it came out and the following year. Someone spending even $100 or whatever on a bulb for a projector that will only sell for $350, if that, probably isn't worth it.

Buy the bulb, use it for the outdoor movies that were mentioned already. Don't screw someone over with a low-grade fake bulb and pass it off as an original performing bulb. Or sell the unit for $250 WITHOUT a bulb and let the buyer decide. That would be better.

Farewell - June 4, 2020