Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
The reviewer is Boomzilla from here.

I have mixed feelings about it. It sure is great exposure for Axiom. It also reads as though Axiom co-wrote it, or at the very least coached the process. Many of the images are taken directly from here, including measurements (as mentioned in the review to be fair.) I'm not sure that is a good review practice. JC notified as the review went live in almost real time..... Too obvious guys.

I think this is the end of the road for me here. So long folks.

After two incredibly busy, difficult months, I finally "come up for air" and see this response to the review thread. You have elected to leave because you think the review was "too obvious".

Industry standards - as set by Stereophile - have reviews sent to the manufacturer before the review is published, which is why one will see a "manufacturer's response" to the review in the same issue as the review. The manufacturer is also a part of the review process, working on set up and methodology.

This concept did not start with the M100 review - it has been done for over 50 years.

To the measurements .. it is more than mentioned in the review. The reviewer states he has no measuring equipment, so he put Axiom's measurements in. These measurements use the same methodology that SoundStage uses at the NRC.

This is not an attempt to reverse your "so long folks". It is merely putting out factual information for others reading this thread.

Pretty sure you will be missed here, so take care.