Originally Posted By Andrew

Trigger inputs are typically only found on devices with high-ish power consumption, like power amplifiers. Most low level devices (CD players, Blu-ray players, pre-amps, DACs) are not usually equipped with trigger inputs. We have 12V triggers on our amplifiers because they draw what we consider a significant amount of current when not in standby mode. This is not the case for our DSP which draws approximately 9W.

The worry is not the amount of power that it draws, but is there a heating or any down side effect for leaving the unit turned on full time. This is what I would say is missing inside the manual or as a note to the customer when they purchase the LFR speakers.

I speak for myself but am sure that others out there will carry the same fear. If you spend multiple thousands of dollars on speakers, you'd not want to do things to lessen their life. A few extra sentences inside the documentation to cover these points can't hurt.

I also wonder about running them off a UPS? Lightning strikes are quite common. I have had lightning hit the house across the street from me when I was younger. I was working on my computer at the time and all was well for me with my UPS, but neighbours on the street lost their TV's and other appliances from the wonderful event. One ounce of prevention is worth thousands in mitigated loss.

Last edited by oakvillematt; 04/02/16 09:06 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5